The Walk for Autism
With the guidance of state & federal officials, planning for the 2021 Walk for Autism is underway! Please see below for details.
Save The Dates!
4/10/21 – Cape Henlopen State Park
4/17/21 – Bellevue State Park
The 2021 Walk For Autism Is On!
We hope you’ll save the dates for the 2021 Walk for Autism!
Saturday, April 10, 2021 – Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes
Saturday. April 17, 2021 – Bellevue State Park, Wilmington
What’s Up With The Walks?
Our walks will certainly look different in 2021 but Autism Delaware is dedicated to the safety and positive experience for all of our walkers, volunteers and staff. To that end, we are following all state & federal guidelines as they pertain to large gatherings. Below are just some of the measures we are taking to ensure a safe, fun, family-friendly experience:
* We will be implementing staggered start times for the walks. When you register, you will also choose a time to arrive to the walk. You will arrive, check in and pick up your t-shirt with our volunteers right from your vehicle, park your car on-site at the park (no shuttles for either location) and begin walking.
* In some cases, we will provide two walk routes. This will help to minimize crossover of walkers who are finishing up their walk and those who are just beginning.
* There will be no celebration at the park. In order to keep everyone safe, we have eliminated the bounce houses, slides, etc. And according to state park guidelines, walkers may not stay in the park once their walk is over so we can maintain our guest count within the state issues guidelines.
* We will have fun things to see and do on your walk route. With the absence of a celebration, we are coming up with some fun and interactive ideas for families to do and see on their walks. Check back here in a few weeks when we will have more details.
* We will still have a virtual option. We understand that not everyone will be comfortable with an in-person event. For you we will be bringin back our virtual walk option. We will also be providing virtual walkers with some incentives and interactive ways to participate. More details to come!
* BRAND NEW! We will be producing a printed event program. The program will include sponsor information, registered team names, and family tribute ads (more on that soon!) and photos from past walk events.
Please note that we are planning the walks under the state & federal guidelines as they are right now. If those guidelines change in the coming weeks and months, we will adjust accordingly. Please check back here often and follow us on all of our social media channels for the most update information.
Tell Your Story
There’s no more powerful way to compel someone to give to your walk team or to Autism Delaware than to tell your story.
It’s personal, it’s meaningful, it’s your truth.
Tell us your story and we’ll feature it here on our website and on our social media pages.
Email Events Manager, Deanna Principe at firstname.lastname@example.org.