We Help People And Families Affected By Autism
Work with Us
Autism Delaware posts open positions as they become available.
Position Opening: Operations Coordinator, Autism Delaware Inc.
Delaware’s leading private, nonprofit agency serving the autism community statewide seeks a full-time Operations Coordinator to assist with the general operations of the organization.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for performing tasks across the full range of agency operations, including the administration of company policy and procedures; assistance with information technology infrastructure (digital and physical); facilities management; bookkeeping; and human resource functions including but not limited to hiring, orientation, onboarding, training, personnel recordkeeping, benefits, and leave management. The individual must have professional experience in the following areas: working in an environment with multiple projects and priorities; assisting in the development and implementation of operations policy and procedures; and basic project management.
The Operations Coordinator works under the supervision of the Operations Director.
Location: Based in Newark, Delaware, with some travel required to offices in Dover and Lewes.
This position is full-time non-exempt. Hours are Monday to Friday but flexibility in scheduling hours may be required.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving, multitasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience with general human resources activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity and creativity; and to be highly flexible
- Proficient with MS Office
- Comfortable working in an open workspace, such as a cubicle
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Navigator Kent/Sussex – Part-Time
Family Navigators are responsible for providing support, mentoring, advocacy, and guidance to families impacted by autism spectrum disorder. The navigator is responsible for supporting parent leadership, modeling collaboration and encouraging family engagement. He or she must have an understanding of systems and the range of resources available for children, adults and families. She or he must be able to share that knowledge effectively in the form of presentations, family meetings, and consultation with professionals. The navigator maintains relationships with families and community groups/agencies through phone contact and/or face-to-face meetings. This position supports programs for engaging children, adults and families and assists in the design and implementation of programs, such as support groups, parent training, parent mentoring and social/recreational activities. Family Navigators represents Autism Delaware Inc. at inter-agency meetings, and serves as an educational support.
This position is a part-time hourly position approximately 20-25 hours per week. This position primarily works out of the Autism Delaware Lewes Office. Attendance at evening, parenting events and other social activities is required. Travel to other locations to be expected.
Location: This position will work out of Autism Delaware’s Lewes Office.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS:
– At least one year experience preferred with children, adults and families impacted by autism or other significant experience working with the disability community.
– Knowledge of the system of services for children/adults with autism including special education/IEP process
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Skills in a variety of software applications.
– Strong organizational skills.
– Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values and options policy
– Valid Driver’s License
– Parent of a child with autism, preferred
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT:
– Adherence to all policies and procedures.
– Punctual and regular attendance as scheduled.
– Successful, safe and effective implementation of job tasks.
– This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Please send resume and cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com.
Direct Support Professionals
To support adults with autism engaged in community-based activities through job coaching and social/recreational programming. Positions require a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
Must use personal vehicle
Must be at least 21 years old
$10-$13 per hour
Knowledge of autism a plus
Send your resume using the form.
The United Way of Delaware Designation Number 9234. Southeastern PA Designation Number 12598. Autism Delaware is a Non-Profit 501(c) (3) Organization. Autism Delaware™, POW&R™, Productive Opportunities for Work & Recreation™, and the puzzle-piece logo are trademarks or service marks of Autism Delaware Inc.