Autism Delaware was started in 1998 by a group of Delaware families who shared the common experience of autism. The group soon realized that by working together they could provide much needed service and support to Delaware’s autism community and have a much stronger voice. In 2010 Autism Delaware and the Lower Delaware Autism Foundation (founded in Sussex County) merged to create one, strong, united statewide organization.
Today, thanks to our dedicated volunteers, talented staff, and generous supporters, Autism Delaware has grown to become a strong advocate for the autism community and provides services and resources such as:
- Information and referral
- Parent mentoring and support
- Family and teen social/recreational opportunities
- A newsletter, listserve, social media and website
- POW&R (Productive Opportunities for Work and Recreation) adult services — a nationally recognized best practice model
- Public awareness campaigns
- Financial assistance, including scholarships, and stipends for conference attendance
- Clinical Services including ADOS II and Parent Child Interaction Therapy
Click the image below to read our 2014 annual report. To review our latest IRS 990 filings for complete financial information, please visit our page on Guidestar, here.